Wish Local is enormously proud of the diverse community of small business owners that make up our program. As such, we are wholeheartedly committed to dismantling the systemic racism that has stood in the way of Black business owners and their entrepreneurial dreams. Wish has dedicated a $2M fund to offer 4,000 Black-owned Wish Local stores financial support to grow and nurture their businesses. Read on to learn if you’re eligible, and how you can apply.
What is the Wish Local Empowerment Program?
The Wish Local Empowerment Program is a fund that offers monetary supportgrants to Black-owned small businesses. Selected recipients will receive amounts from $500 – $2000.
Am I eligible?
In order to receive funds, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You are a Black small business owner
- You are 18 years or older
- You have a brick-and-mortar store that is located in the United States
- Your store has 20 or fewer employees
- Your store earns an average annual revenue under $1M
- If selected for the program, you must join Wish Local
How can the money be used?
There are no rules or requirements on how to allocate the funds. We suggest you use the monetary support to:
- Keep or rehire your workforce
- Pay rent and operational costs
- Market your business and connect with customers
- Pay it forward with community outreach
How can I apply?
Visit the link below to fill out an application.
When can I apply?
Applications are due August, 31 2020. Our committee will then review applications and select which stores will receive funds and how much those stores will receive.
To learn more about the Wish Local Empowerment Program, visit the homepage here.
To learn more about growing your business with Wish Local, click here.