Wish believes in building strong ties within our communities. That’s why we started our Wish Local program. We want to help small businesses thrive and make it easier for our customers to shop by picking up their orders the same day.
Wish Local Empowerment Program
Black-owned small businesses have long faced hardship due to systemic racism. In an effort to help do our part to respond to the inequity, Wish Local has launched the Wish Local Empowerment Program, its own investment fund to support underrepresented entrepreneurs.
Wish Local Empowerment Partners
We also teamed up with Black-owned businesses like Official Black Wall Street and Long Island African American Chamber of Commerce to help locate Black-owned businesses to support. Together we’re connecting with more small businesses to help promote equality and diversity within American entrepreneurship.
What benefits does the Empowerment program offer?
- Eligible business owners will be provided with a grant ranging from $500 – $2000.
- Funds can be allocated for a range of business needs (workforce, operating costs, inventory, marketing, utilities, etc).
What happens next?
- Small business will become a Wish Local pickup point
- As a Wish Local pickup point, stores become locations where Wish customers go to pick up their online orders.
- Participating stores can grow foot traffic, sell on the Wish marketplace, build their customer network, and earn additional revenue through Local Delivery and Customer Referrals.
How do I join?
- To apply for the empowerment grants, go to www.wish.com/local/empowerment
Wish Wholesale offerings
Buy in bulk and save more with our Wish Wholesale program. We offer the Best-Selling Products from Wish at wholesale prices!
- Volume discounts
- Best-seller boxes & category boxes
- No minimum order quantities
Wish Local Black-Owned Businesses
Here are a few of our Black-owned businesses that have joined the Wish Local program.
The Infinity Glam Group
Store Address: 720 N Glynn St Suite G, Fayetteville, Georgia United States (US), 30214
Store Owner: Tanya Swearingen
Category: Boutique: Accessories, Fashion, Home Decor
Contact Number: 470-735-5366
Absolutely Anything Essential
Store Address: 3521 S. King Drive Chicago, Illinois, 60653
Store Owner: Kenya Robertson
Category: Gift Shop
Contact Number: 312.238.9447
Antoinette’s Urban Chic
Store Address: 10800 W. 9 Mile Road Oak Park, Michigan, United States (US), 48237
Store Owner: Yolanda Walker
Category: Boutique: Jewelry, Accessories, Clothes
Contact Number: 248-579-7515
Store Owner: Evelyn Robinson
Store Address: 2596 Woodville Rd. Northwood, Ohio United States (US), 43619
Category: School Supplies
Contact Number: 419-690-0570
Upcoming Live Streams on FB & IG
To learn more about the program, join us on Facebook Live on Wednesday, 2/17 at 3 pm Pacific time with LeTanya at Infinity Glam.
- How Infinity Glam marketed themselves as a Wish Local store
- Converting from Wish customer into their own business
- And Wish Local & Empowerment program offerings
View our Instagram Live stream with Wish Local and Wish Wholesale team on Thursday, 2/18 at 11:30 am Pacific time.
- Black History Month (What it means, how it was founded, brief history)
- The struggle that covid has caused to Black-owned businesses and insight to this ongoing issue.
- How the Wish Local and Empowerment program is relevant to the topic mentioned above and what benefits can be gained from being part of these programs.
- Details/requirements to apply for the empowerment
We hope you’ll join us in this movement to celebrate and empower Black-owned businesses.
“We Wish for…
A world where racism is overcome by love.
A world where we have equal opportunities.
A world that is safe for everyone.
The world we Wish for has no tolerance for hate.
Wish stands in solidarity with our Black employees, customers, partners and friends in the fight for racial justice and equality.” – Wish Instagram, June 1, 2020