August is National Black Business Month, and we would like to recognize all of our Black-owned businesses and our partners and say thank you for your hard work and for making a difference in your local communities.
In celebration, Wish Local is offering financial support for Black-owned small businesses. Interested business owners can apply for our Empowerment program.
Wish believes in building strong ties within our communities. That’s why we started our Wish Local program. We want to help small businesses thrive and make it easier for our customers to shop by picking up their orders on the same day.
Black-owned small businesses have long faced hardship due to systemic racism. In an effort to help do our part to respond to the inequity, we’ve launched the Wish Local Empowerment Program, a dedicated investment fund of $2 million dollars to support underrepresented entrepreneurs.
What benefits does the Empowerment program offer?
- Eligible business owners will be provided with a grant ranging from $500 – $2000.
- Funds can be allocated for a range of business needs (workforce, operating costs, inventory, marketing, utilities, etc).
What happens next?
- Small business will become a Wish Local pickup point
- As a Wish Local pickup point, stores become locations where Wish customers go to pick up their online orders.
- Participating stores can grow foot traffic, sell on the Wish marketplace, build their customer network, and earn additional revenue through Local Delivery and Customer Referrals.
How do I join?
- To apply for the empowerment grants, go to www.wish.com/local/empowerment
Wish Local Partnerships
We also teamed up with Black-owned businesses like Official Black Wall Street and Long Island African American Chamber of Commerce to help locate Black-owned businesses to support. Together we’re connecting with more small businesses to help promote equality and diversity within American entrepreneurship.